Tuesday, May 27, 2008

{1st Groovie NSD}

The above mentioned LO is for the Groovie Scraps Cafe's NSD Challenge to do a LO based on the focal picture taken by one of the fellow Groovie chicks. I got the tree idea from Ed's tree on her own LO. =)

The below are using My Mind's Eye PP from their Out and About Series (background PP and the tree!!!)






I was looking at the photos and recalled what a fun-filled day it was. I 'celebrated' National Scrapbooking Day at MadeWithLove on 3rd May 2008. It was a blast!!! There was so much going on in the store, great bargains, discounts, games, candy floss....It was a Fiesta in there!!

It was my 1st time participating in the event really and I didn't quite know what to expect. It was definitely very crowded and the Q to the cashier knows no end! The scrapholics really know how to shop and willing to shop on this day for the great bargains awaiting them. I bought some handy-dandy items and made full use of their coupons to be entitled to certain discounts, signed up for one of their workshops and got the chance to participate in games!!

Oh yes, there's this Tik-kam Tik-kam where you just pay $5 for a chance to get goodies that can range from anywhere between $7 - $60 plus dollars!! I participated TWICE! Got a paper-pack with MM's velvet brads and laced ribbons and 2nd time round, I got 2 7-Gypsies Journalling Stamps!!!!

Here's a parting shot of me and the Groovie Gals (they are a wonderful group of people!! After taking the 1st step to say ,"Hi!", they were so warm and welcoming! That meant alot to me!):



No comments: