Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Best Friends Forever

Phew! Managed to do this up just tonight. Had been playing mix and match with my PP with this picture. I'm submitting this for the Groovie July Challenge on Best Friends Forever.
You know, I was thinking which of my gfs I should scrap about as the closest ones I have, well, they are all good friends and I would be proud to say that they are the best of my friends in my years.
Just to sidetrack a little, you know how it was like when you're growing up, the title of "Best Friend" is always left for that special friend ever, among all the other good friends? I always felt it's important to be careful and to be sure of my friends before I "bestow" that sacred title.
But now, I've just come to a place where by, one need not just have to have 1 best friend, but if they have been through thick and thin with you, or rather with me, I would dare to call them as my best friends.
My girlfriends are a real blessing to me, i.e. Sherry, Shanthi and Joey. These are the precious people who stood by me all these years and believed in me, despite that now our own individual commitments doesn't allow us to talk and meet up as often as we would like to but hey, the Lord really maintains these kindom friendships. Though there was one time where I've not spoken with some of my gfs for nearly a year, but when we do catch up, that connection was still there and better than ever!
But this time, I didn't scrap about them. I decided to do a "cover" of my darling husband, David also known fondly as Dave.
Most of the time, he's been taken for granted but a recent incident where I needed his help and him being my shield and "strong tower" made me realize that I've been taking this precious gem of mind for granted. I had a picture of us taken recently at Ben's wedding and I wanted to use that as a photo for some anniversary LO.
However, I'm totally inspired by Leena that IT IS ok to scrap more than once on the same photo. =) Sometimes, there's so much to be said and felt with one photo that one LO simply cannot contain it and that it requires a few LOs before that feeling can be settled.
So without further adieu, I present to you my Best Friends Forever LO:
(Click on picture for clearer view)

Using Fancy Pants Celebration range of PP. American Crafts Thickers for my title. Making Memories Journal Paper, chipboard and flower embellishments courtesy of my gorgeous RAK from Leena (thanks Leena!!!).
I'm falling in love with the uni-ball Signo broad pen!!! I used that to journal around my photo and it doesn't smudge!!! Oh my...I think I've found a new favourite pen for SB purposes.
TFL!

No comments: