Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mikayla's Mini Album

Did up a mini album recently as a gift for one of my old time good friend's daughter due in November this year.

It's also for Groovie Mini Challenge at the Groovie ScrapsCafe.

I sincerely do hope my girlfriend would really like this album!
There are no photos as this is meant to be a baby shower present for Mikayla.
Here's some photos to share as well as what "techniques" I used for certain parts:

The main cover.
I think my camera is not doing justice to the album!!
The patterned papers used on the cover are Basic Grey's Sugared range - Dumpling and Cherished. Colours are so ideal!! Not too overtly sugary sweet yet sweet enough for my liking!! LOL! Basic Grey Pattern Papers are lovingly supplied by MemoirActs.



For the above butterfly, what I did was I painted the Maya Road Chipboard Butterfly with Making Memories Funky Vintage Acrylic Paint (one color), then I Glimmer Mist the butterly (upper portion in Apple Red and lower portion in Turquoise Blue, using a piece of tissue paper to block out the portion that I don't want misted on) , let dry and then used Stickles (Icicle - upper portion and Platinum - lower portion) to go over the butterfly.



For the above alphas, I used Basic Grey's White Chocolate Chip Delilah Chipboard Stickers, and coated them with Stickles in Fruit Punch to bring out the alphas further. Once that is dried, I bling up the letters M-I-K-A-Y-L-A by giving it drops of Stickles in Icicle so when it's dried, it still "stands" out like pearl drops.



The inside of the 1st 2 pages.

Used Basic Grey's Sugared Beloved PP here. I love the flamingoes....sooo cute!!



I love these Vellum Quotes of Bible Verses from Reminders of Faith. This is from their Faith Reminders - Baby Blessings (I think!)


I made a pocket holder (behind the flower) for my friend to slot in her ultrasound scans. Or whatever keepsakes she might wanna add in.


3rd and 4th Pages.

The semi-circle scalloped portion is using the K.I Memories Sheer Delights that I certainly bought from my LSS. It's delish! the other side is a page from Making Memories Spiral Journalling Book. This is for journalling the details of baby Mikayla's arrival. If you did look closely, there's actually photo corners adhered on the pages meant for 4R photos. I used one of my own 4R photos as a "measurement" and planned out the placement of photos before I add on any other sticker/button embellishment.

5th and 6th pages.

[I'm not too sure which paper manufacturer the above patterned papers come from as I got them in a RAK from dorcas.]

As far as I've know my gf, she's never quite overtly a pink person. I'm sure she would choose turquoise and orange over pink anytime. So these pages would be ideal for family photos of Mikayla with her parents (my gf and her DH) and her grandparents.

Again, a portion of the KI memories Sheer Delights Verbs was used as a separator. And a piece of Making Memories Journal paper.

upclose shot of the sticker quote from My Mind's Eye Laundry Line chipboard accessories

7th - 10th pages

Iincluding the KI Sheer Delight again as a photo holder/mat to hold more photos.

Again using Basic Grey's Sugared patterned paper. (It's still from the same piece from the cut-out on the cover!!!)

I thought of these pages as "nice to" showcase baby's tiny hands and feet. Maybe it's just me, I have a thing for photos of tiny hands and feet of babies! But I didn't take any of my boy's!!!!!

Last 2 pages of the mini album. Using Basic Grey's Sugared - Cherished PP. And leftover strips of the PP from pages 5 and 6.

I've used a small portion of the leftover K.I Sheer Delights as a holder for the stamped journalling as seen below.

Yupz!

My favourite journalling stamp of all time from Scarlet Lime. Using Dew Drop Brilliance Ink in Coffee Bean.

And.....last but not least

Back of the album, plain and simple with a nice touch of cut-out flower from Basic Grey's Sugared range as well.

A recap of supplies used:

1 sheet of each Basic Grey's Sugared PP - Beloved, Cherished, Dumpling. 1 sheet of each floral orange and floral pink PP (Unfortunately I do not know the paper manufacturer, except that the papers were part of a RAK.) 1 piece of K.I Sheer Delights Verbs. Making Memories Flowers Ledger pastel spiral journalling book. DCWV Baby Girl 'Sayings' Sticker Stacks. Reminders of Faith Vellum - Baby Blessings. Basic Grey's White Chocolate Chip Delilah chipboard alphas. Maya Road Chipboard butterfly. My Mind's Eye Laundry Line Flirty "Play" Chipboard accessories. Bazzil Jumbo Blossoms. Ranger Stickles in Icicle, Fruit Punch and Platinum. Assorted ribbons from American Crafts.

I hope you've enjoyed this post on what I did with the mini album.

Thanks for looking!!!

5 comments:

Renoa said...

Totally loving this super cute album sophia!!! :D I'm so sure she will heart this album though she's not a fan of pink;)

Thanks for sharing all the techniques and congrats on being the Groovie Cover gal! hehe~

momma2omar said...

it's so gorgeous ! wanna see in person ... ;) can ?

take care.

Anonymous said...

sophia, your work totally amazes me! that's such an incredible mini! wish i could make them like you! :)

-sarah

Sophia said...

Thanks ladies!!! Really appreciate the love!!

Sarsh: Am sure you'll be able to do one mini just like that too!! I too adore your work Sarah!

Stacy said...

Wow sophia, u never fail to amaze me! That is extremely gorgeous, i'm sure your friend will love to bits~