Tuesday, December 16, 2008

DreamGirls Challenge #18 and my first!


Presenting to you my 1st layout with the Dreamgirls DT!




For this challenge, we did a Sketch by Liz Qualman!

The twists for this Sketch Challenge? Add Bling (take those Prima Blings/Heidi Swapp Blings/Stickles, Glitter powder) and use a Christmas/Holiday Song in your title!

So I played away with my Stickles and papers from my LabelTulip November Kit for this challenge.

I'm liking this Prima "Lollipop" flower and I Stickled the edges to give it that bling!


I love the details of the dotted stickles on the chipboard. Once dried, it leaves a textured feel when you run your fingers gently over it.


My journalling:



Yupz, I chose the song "We are the Reason" written by David Meece.

I totally love this song. I remember the 1st time I heard this song, I was 15 years old. I was in the Girls' Brigade (A uniform group for school ECAs) and we performed this song item during Christmas season along the heart of town in Singapore.

One of my close friends from the G.B, did a mime to this song, and when I saw her doing the mime and as we were singing the song, I just felt so touched by the love of God in that song that I started to tear. And since then, each time I hear this song and sing along, I would just tear.

That's the grace and love of Christ in that song.

So now you've been hearing this song playing on my playlist.

And...

Thank you Debbie and Dolores and the rest of the DT of DreamGirls once again, for giving me this chance to be on this amazing team!!

9 comments:

Adeline said...

Nice...dats my favourite song too btw!So amazed your high standards are still there despite ur busy schedule and i have no time to email but i LOVEEEEE wat u passed me!!! Thanks!!! Was even showing them off to a hubby who was trying to appear attentive n appreciative.

TheresaK said...

WOW! that layout is amazing!!!

momma2omar said...

Love the vintagey feel ! Another beautiful one Sophia :)

Edleen said...

Congrats on making it to another DT Sophia! woohoo...

love that layout and wishing you a Fabulous Weekend!

ps: perhaps we'll catch up when you get back yeah. that'll be in 2009 ;)
hehe... have a Wonderful Trip!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sophia and that LO is Gorgeous!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that song too! Your bling and you being able to use that title and song with your layout is wonderful! LOVING the colors and that amazing flower.

Elizabeth said...

I love your take on the challenge, such a great layout!

eMeLiNe Seet said...

whatda pretty page Sophia ! =) u know this song still touches me even though it's been played so many times .... have a wonderful & blessed Christmas

Debbie said...

You rocked this challenge, Sophia - we're so glad to have you!